Thursday, September 23, 2010

Final Episode: The Big Show (Notes)

As the submissions for final collections are coming in (today is the posted due date), I'm doing everything in my power to efficiently organize these collections for posting (translation: Dear God, that's a lot of images)!  Because of the number of people participating (times) multiple images and descriptions per person (equals) a little heavy for one post, I've decided to share with you one collection per day.  I'll post the first collection tomorrow, the second collection on Monday (I don't do the computer thing on the weekends), etc and so forth.  Not only does this help keep things less daunting and overwhelming for me, but it also sets up a platform for showcasing the individual artists.  I like that.  You guys deserve some spotlight for sticking with this project all these weeks.  If I could afford to buy you all a pony I SO WOULD.  With sprinkles on top.  That's how much I appreciate your dedication.

That said, I'm super stoked about these collections (you guys, they're really good so far) and cannot wait to share them with all of you.  And for those of you artists following along that maybe didn't get your collection done in time?  This totally buys you a few more days!  I won't tell anyone you were late.  ;)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to these. On the plus side, I only sent one photo! In one e-mail! With one brief explanation! I think this earns me Starbucks or something.

    I'm really grateful for all the energy and time you've put into this. Think you'll do it when the second season rolls around? I believe Sarah Jessica Parker owes YOU Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sniff* I'm so proud! ;)

    I think it's very likely I'll do this again for the second season. I'm still kicking myself for missing a couple of episodes of the first season. Plus, I really do love what it has done for implementing a regular schedule of creativity and artistic output for me. I'll definitely have to evaluate my schedule before I commit to it (holy cow, this stuff takes time!), but again, It's very likely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I loved this entire thing, it kept me busy all summer long, and really got me into the swing of things heading back into school. I am just really bummed that all my time evaporated just as it was heading into the final week... I have some irons in the fire right now, but they are all going to USM right now, unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds: I really hope we get to do this again. You've been so generous with your time. Thanks! I wish I could have participated every week but work has a nasty habit of getting in the way. However, no work=no art supplies...

    ReplyDelete